Every week, Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania will be spotlighting our administrative and site coordinator staff with a 10-question interview. Today’s spotlight is on Administrative Officer/Special Projects Manager, Kathleen Dormer.
1. What would be the title of the autobiography of your life?
“There is always hope!”
2. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
Chocolate! No, seriously…love, but chocolate is a very close second.
3. If you had unlimited time, what skill or hobby would you want to start?
Paddle boarding or wind surfing!
4. Name 3 things that define you as an individual.
Faith, kindness, and hope.
5. Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
My mother, then my son.
6. What was one past experience that made you a stronger individual?
When I nearly died…literally!
7. What advice would you give your younger self?
Live life to the fullest every day.
8. How do you define success?
Living a happy life while striving to meet whatever goals you set for yourself.
9. What drives you to do this type of work?
Knowing it just take one person to make a difference in a child’s life. And often times it is one of our staff or support that CISPA provides to a child or school in need.
10. What is the best part about working for Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania?
The people who work here!