Every week, Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania will be spotlighting our administrative and site coordinator staff with a 10-question interview. Today’s spotlight is on Accounting Coordinator, Beckie Bashore.
1. What would be the title of the autobiography of your life?
I’m only prickly on the outside.
2. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
Literally: air. Without air, you can’t sing, you can’t talk, and your brain would start to die in 3 minutes.
3. If you had unlimited time, what skill or hobby would you want to start?
There’s a time limit? I already have a great deal of hobbies or skills started, it’s finishing them that never seems to happen.
4. Name 3 things that define you as an individual.
I see the humor in every situation, and I’m sometimes the comic relief or the smart ass. I am a nerd. There is nothing I don’t understand, once it is explained to me. I am a Jew that follows the Jewish Messiah whom the rest of the world calls “Jesus.” I call him Yeshua, because His name means “Salvation”.
5. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I once prayed for a dead spider to come back to life, and it did.
6. What was one past experience that made you a stronger individual?
I lived with a total control freak for six years as my roommate. He made it almost impossible for me to have other friends or talk to anyone outside of us, and he hated when I acted independently. This prepared me to stand up for myself.
7. What advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t agonize so much about the future, it will come.
8. How do you define success?
I don’t think I have any one definition. Right now, just getting through closing out the books for the fiscal year ending June 2017 will be a success. As one year ends the next begins, and so it all starts over again. Sometimes it’s just being able to check everything off the to-do-list that means success.
9. What drives you to do this type of work?
I enjoy categorizing things into their proper places, and that’s pretty much what I do as a bookkeeper.
10. What is the best part about working at Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania?
I love the mission. I love the people I work with.