Every week, Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania will be spotlighting our administrative and site coordinator staff with a 10-question interview. Today’s spotlight is on Social Media and Communications Intern, Estefany Silfa.
1.What would be the title of the autobiography of your life?
I am a Communications student at Penn State Harrisburg, from the Dominican Republic and am a very self-motivated person. I consider myself a dreamer because no matter how difficult the path is I always try to keep on going.
2. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
3. If you had unlimited time, what skill or hobby would you want to start?
Travel and experience different cultures.
4. Name 3 things that define you as an individual.
I am optimistic, outgoing, and like to dream big.
5. What was one past experience that made you a stronger individual?
Having the opportunity to work in a diverse environment as a customer service agent. This helped me get out of my comfort zone and overcome my fear of public speaking.
6. Who (or what) is your biggest inspiration?
I am motivated by the people who have strong self-motivation and optimism regardless of their situation. Like Nick Vujicic who inspire people to love life and live without limits.
7. What advice would you give your younger self?
Do not be scared and take the risk!
8. How do you define success?
Logically I would say is the positive outcome we gain from a particular goal or choice we make. I believe success is what we learn from our choices, no matter if the outcome is positive or negative.
9. What drives you to do this type of work?
What drives me to do this work is the fact that I can help people and be engaged with the community.
10. What is the best part about working at Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania?
The best part about is institution is the satisfaction of working at a place that cares about other individuals and helps them to be a better person.