Every Monday, Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania will be featuring a new site staff member! Today’s spotlight will be on Lancaster Community School Director, Sarah Billings.
1. What would be the title of the autobiography of your life?
Thawing Outside the Lines
2. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
3. If you had unlimited time, what skill or hobby would you start?
Playing the piano.
4. Name three things that define you as an individual.
Big sister. Life-long learner. Service.
5. Who (or what) is your biggest inspiration?
Traveling and spending time in an entirely different culture is my biggest inspiration. Taking yourself out of your context redraws the lines you believe existed.
6. What advice would you give your younger self?
Discipline will be the greatest factor in your success.
7. What would you do for a career if you weren’t doing this?
I would be a writer.
8. How do you define success?
Working yourself out of a job.
9. What drives you to do this type of work?
Kids hold the power to do anything, we limit ourselves when we continue to allow them to be limited by injustice and inequity.
10. What is the best part about working for Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania?