Every Monday, Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania will be featuring a new site staff member! Today’s spotlight will be on York Student Support Specialist, Destiny Ritter.
1. What is one thing you cannot live without?
2. If you had unlimited time, what skill or hobby would you want to start?
Boxing or surfing
3. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I was in the military (Army National Guard) for 4.5 years.
4. Name three things that define you as an individual.
Always smiling, very strong, always helping others.
5. Who (or what) is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is my late cousin, Jasmine McCarter who received deans list almost every semester of college for her undergrad and Masters degree and who was also the first to attend college in her immediate family.
6. What was one past experience that made you a stronger individual?
Being the first in my immediate family to graduate from college has made me a stronger individual.
7. What advice would you give your younger self?
Be prepared for the sudden twists and turns along your journey of life. Stay focused on your faith and you will be okay. Seize every day.
8. What would you do for a career if you weren’t doing this?
I would be a singer.
9. How do you define success?
Success to me is knowing that my everyday work is helping others live happier lives.
10. What drives you to do this type of work?
I care greatly about the youth of my community and want to see great things happen here.