At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the State Office, we collaborate with local and embedded affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to ensure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the Commonwealth’s largest provider of Integrated Student Supports, serving more than 40,000 students across Pennsylvania. We achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of the Central Pennsylvania embedded affiliate. This position requires fostering relationships and partnerships across the Central Pennsylvania region with a focus on increasing annual revenue from individuals, corporations and foundations. This position will manage a comprehensive and diverse portfolio of current donors and be tasked with building a pipeline of future investors. This position sits on the leadership team and will have integrated responsibilities regarding external communication and program development.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Create and maintain an annual development plan that reflects strategic priorities and an annual fundraising goal. Advise affiliates on development opportunities and coordinate development activities through regular communication with affiliate development directors.
- Mobilize financial and human resources to support CIS of Central Pennsylvania.
- Institute systems, policies, procedures, and best practices for strong non-profit operations.
- Select, train, and supervise team staff.
- Collaborate with the Advisory Board on creating and implementing strategic and operational plans.
- Provide fiscal, programmatic and governance oversight for the agency, ensuring compliance with National’s Total Quality Standards and ongoing sustainability of the agency.
- Negotiate agency agreements.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with the school districts, civic and social service agencies, corporate and public partners, and funding partners.
- Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with members of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the coordination of all student and family services.
- Establish and maintain clear documentation of all program correspondence and reports.
- Submit monthly progress reports to appropriate national and state CIS staff and representatives.
Develop and Manage Grants
- Collaborate with CISPA CEO and board members to ensure the development of effective relationships with local and statewide foundations and corporations
- Develop partnerships with major non-profit organizations, potential grantors, and key strategic partners
- Manage contracts with grant and development consultants
- Research corporate, foundation and government funding sources (grants, program funding, etc.)
- Complete and follow-up on applications for funding
- Track and report on active grant projects as required by funders
- Negotiate and manage state, federal, and limited private source grants and contracts
- Apply/ reapply for grants and funding in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance in accordance to grant guideline in terms of finance, reporting, evaluation etc.
- Supervise and ensure compliance by the local affiliate with requirements of their contract with CIS of Pennsylvania
- Develop the annual department operating budget
- Monitor department financial statements on a monthly basis and plan for operation within budget restraints accordingly
- Attend meetings, events, conferences, trainings, etc. as requested by CISPA
- Assist in the development and operation of statewide CISPA events and programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Must work effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Must be able to create and maintain effective outside business and vendor relationships
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 5 or more years of professional experience in Human Services, Development, Social Work, Education.
- Full time, Exempt
- Salaried position with robust benefits (health w/HSA, dental, 403(b) program, retirement match, professional development)
- Generous paid time off
- Based in Harrisburg/Lancaster/York office – limited statewide and national travel as necessary
Communities in Schools of Pennsylvania, Inc., will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear; to sit; use hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee may need to drive long distances
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The employee will need to utilize basic office equipment such as computers, copiers, and printers, scanners, etc
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and put in the subject line: ED, Last Name. Review of candidates will begin immediately.