JOB SUMMARY: The Site Coordinator will implement the Communities in Schools (CIS) Integrated Student Supports (ISS) model within the York City School District, at Goode K-8 school. This includes overseeing the coordination and provision of services to students and families, as well as implementing programs and activities based on the specific needs of the assigned building. Under the supervision of the York/Harrisburg Field Manager, the Site Coordinator serves as an effective conduit of information and direct services to help students reach their full potential and achieve in school.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Implementation of the CIS ISS model:
- Conduct annual school and student needs assessment that includes measurable objectives and service-delivery strategy
- Analyze needs assessment information to develop and implement School Support Plan
- Monitor and evaluate service to maximize effectiveness and impact on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate program reporting for the school site, and accurately report data to CISPA state office, Harrisburg School District, and other partners or funders
- Provide supervision to Student Support Specialists, social work interns, and volunteers at the school site (when applicable).
- Facilitate Tier I (school-wide) programs according to identified school/community needs based on needs assessment and School Support Plan
- Facilitate Tier II (targeted population) focus groups
- Provide Tier III (individualized case management) to approximately 10% of the school population
- Serve as an ambassador of CISPA through regular communication with school district personnel, students, families, volunteers, and community partners.
- Participate actively as a member of the CISPA team
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger, collaborative team
- Knowledge of public education system
- Relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or a related field required
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience within public education and/or community-based organizations
- Familiarity with the greater York community preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders, including school administrators, personnel, students, parents, community-based organizations, local business owners, and community members
- Familiarity with data management systems and the ability to track and analyze data
- Criminal background check, FBI and child abuse clearances required.
- The standard schedule for this position is full-time, with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required.
- Schedule may vary according to school building/programmatic needs, events and activities.
- This is a full-time, 12-month position.
- On-going employment in this capacity is dependent on availability of funding.
Communities in Schools of Central Pennsylvania will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- social work/counseling: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- York, PA (Required)
- Do you have experience working with elementary and middle school-aged children in an urban environment?
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off