Communities In Schools of PA (CISPA) is an affiliate of the nation’s largest high school dropout prevention organization. Our mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Interns are valued members of the CISPA team and will be included in various projects to continue to share the message of our organization. Interns can expect to gain experience writing short-form for social media networks, preparing written documents for the media, and assisting in our on-going digital marketing strategy.
- Assisting in drafting, scheduling and strategizing for social media accounts
- Developing thoughtful and compelling messages across a variety of media channels
- Helping develop and creating unique online strategies to increase engagement
- Identifying marketing and communication trends
- Drafting posts for publication on the CISPA website
- Assisting with briefing documents, news clippings and social media messaging
- Implementing and using a monthly social media/editorial calendar
- Conducting research and preparing data reports
- Assisting with special event planning and organization
- Updating organizational websites
- Assisting in the communication strategy for CISPA involvement in 2018 ExtraGive
- Attending meetings as needed
- Reporting projects to External Relations Manager
REQUIRED ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Ability to manage details and work independently
- Ability to work effectively in a changing work environment
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to compile strategic documents
- Ability to analyze data and trend reports
- Extensive experience with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Experience with WordPress and Hootsuite
- Experience with standard computer programs
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Current undergraduate or graduate students with Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or other related degrees
- Ability to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week for course credit (flexible structure given school schedules)
- Legally authorized for employment in the United States
- High level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Bright, confident and highly motivated individuals with a strong academic track record and an interest in social media, communications, and youth services
- Part-Time (20 hours a week) for academic course credit
- Reports to External Relations Manager and Vice President
Communities in Schools of Pennsylvania, Inc., will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The intern is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The intern frequently is required to sit; use hands and arms.
- The intern is occasionally required to stand and walk,
- The intern may need to drive long distances,
- The intern may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The intern may need to use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The intern will need to utilize basic office equipment such as computers, copiers, printers, fax machines, etc.
Interested applicants submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 writing/communication workpieces to Meg Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that respects and values all persons, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, and/or gender orientation.